Engineer-CAE Methods DevelopmentThis position is a direct hire to a partner. Please read qualifications carefully and only apply if applicable.
DescriptionResponsibilities will include development of advanced simulation (CAE) techniques and material models for the crash safety engineering area. Work will include identification of improvement areas for CAE, and development/execution of an action plan to realize those improvements. Analyze various test data (specimen, coupon, and full-vehicle) and CAE data to identify accuracy differences and propose new solutions/methods. Coordinate various simulation/testing activities with outside groups/vendors. Communication of work through electronic (e-mail), written (PowerPoint, Word) and oral (meeting presentations) forms is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Material Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience or equivalent combination of advanced degree and experience.
- Must have experience using LS-Dyna for crash applications.
- Must have hands on experience in using commercially available pre and post processing CAE software (ANSA, Hypermesh, LS-Prepost, etc.)
- Must have exceptional analytical skills and strong desire to develop and enhance safety CAE methods for improved accuracy.
- Must be able to work overtime.
QualificationsBachelor of Science in Mechanical or Material Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of advanced degree and experience. Experience using LS-Dyna for crash applications required. In depth understanding of automotive materials and developing LS-Dyna material modeling is desirable. Good knowledge about material testing procedures - test measurements is helpful. Ability to set-up physical tests for CAE correlation is an added advantage. Exposure to full-vehicle CAE models and various load-cases is desirable but not required. Hands on experience in using commercially available pre and post processing CAE software is required (ANSA, Hypermesh, LS-Prepost, etc.). Exceptional analytical skills and strong desire to develop and enhance safety CAE methods for improved accuracy is required. Clearly communicate ideas and analysis results verbally and through written reports is required. Occasional travel required for testing purpose. Ability to work overtime required.
MindMesh Inc. is seeking an Engineer/Analyst to develop high-fidelity finite element (FE) models, with emphasis on mesh generation, to perform structural crash and dynamic analyses on automobiles subjected to crash events. The person in this position will execute modeling and simulation methodologies using standard and advanced finite element analysis (FEA).
Work location is Ohio, USA.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Candidates need to have 2+ years’ experience developing FE mesh using ANSA and at least 1+ year experience using LS-DYNA.
- Expertise in meshing for creation of finite element models using ANSA a must
- Experience with LS-DYNA a must
- Experience in developing full vehicle FE & safety model a big plus.