Research Assistant / Intern 2017 – 2018 Petroleum EngineeringWe have an exciting research assistant / internship opportunity for a post-graduate student studying Petroleum Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, Geophysics, or Applied Mathematics at an accredited university with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. This research assistant / internship will be a continuous six-month program. Under direct supervision, successfully chosen student will intern as a member of the MindMesh Inc. engineering team.
Under limited supervision, working on non-routine hydraulic fracturing research and numerical modeling projects with general instruction and advanced projects with detailed instructions, this assistant/ intern can expect to perform the following tasks:
- Hydraulic fracturing research.
- Model performance of hydraulic fracturing operations
- Review hydraulic fracturing procedures for newly-drilled wells
- Perform hydraulic fracturing modeling studies.
- Help develop and test numerical routines and software.
- Assist in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks.
- Apply knowledge of Geomechanics, FEA and CFD to analyze, investigate and resolve non-routine problems.
- Create electronic spreadsheets, reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Additional tasks as required.
- Desired software experience with Gopher, FracPro, ELFEN, Abaqus, Python, FOTRAN, C#.
- Typically requires enrollment as a post-graduate or graduate student at a recognized college or university.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately.
- Must possess the ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals.
- Must possess the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must possess good computer skills